Monday, March 2, 2009

CELTIC WOMAN



Do you watch PBS? Ever? 

I hardly ever watch it, but somehow, half of the time I've spent watching it, CELTIC WOMAN has been on.

CELTIC WOMAN (thx McCoy I'm rippin' off ur format)
my fave is the right most one the one in the middle scares the shit out of me

CELTIC WOMAN is bonkers to me. I can't fathom it. But this other blogger can-

"Little known fact about me: I LOVE Celtic music in all forms. I’ve been fairly obsessive about it since I was 11. Celtic Woman came to town last night and I went with my sister-in-law. Dude, can I just say…. well, I really don’t know what to say. It was indescribable. Of course they are beautiful, and really talented, and the set was super cool, but I was really excited and amazed by how awesome their band was, particularly the percussionists. So awesome. And really, I can’t say enough about the violinist. She rocks my world."

She's a fiddler. She fiddles. Fiddle.

If you google search for "celtic woman band" and click this picture, you'll find the blogger I just quoted. I was trying to find a picture of the beefcake who plays the chimes for CELTIC WOMAN. They have all these beefcakes playing instruments in the background. It was so funny to me when the beefcake dude flourished his hand against the chimes that if I was drinking milk it would have sprayed out my nose in addition to my ears and eye holes.

If you think maybe CELTIC WOMAN is for you either because you're curious or because you just love this kind of shit, search for CELTIC WOMAN on youtube. Here I'll do it for you-


This is my favorite song by CELTIC WOMAN. Be sure to look out for the beefcakes who play percussion. It's bonkers to me. I love her dress, and the way she moves as though the spirit of Ireland has taken hold of her. I love how clean she looks, and how clean the performances by everyone are, as well as the large stage and elaborate lights. To me this is the REAL IRELAND. THIS IS WHAT ALL OF IT IS ABOUT. HARDSHIPS AND POTATOES AND DRUNKENNESS AND FAERIES AND BLARNEY STONES. 

Anthony told me the other night he thought there was someone out there who probably saved all year so they could buy tickets to CELTIC WOMAN, and I think that's true. If that's true, I think We Did It might have a chance. There's gotta be someone out there who thinks some of the shit we're gonna do is funny. Actually wait a second, if CELTIC WOMAN is so popular, that means there are a lot of people out there who will despise us.


All I know is I now want to have a sketch called "Isle of Hope", or maybe "Peninsula of Dream", or maybe "A Sugar Cookie with Fucking Googly Eyes Glued Onto It"






EMERGENCY, EMERGENCY
I FOUND A PHOTO OF THOSE PERCUSSIONIST DUDES

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOL

1 comments:

Anthony D Herrera

I WANT TO BRUSH THEIR HAIR! I WANT TO MAKE SURE THEY HAVE ENOUGH DIFFERENT KINDS OF SOAPS AND LOTIONS! I WANT THEM TO HAVE ALL THE BOOKS ABOUT INVESTING YOUR MONEY WISELY! HAVE THEY READ TWILIGHT? THEY SHOULD READ TWILIGHT!